Python installation : To get start with python , we first need to install python. Python has very easy installation and set-up. In this tutorial we will learn:
- Python default installation
- Customise python installation
- Uninstall Python
Python is an interpreted , high-level prog
ramming language. It is created by Guido Van Rossum and first release in 1991.Python is an general purpose language. It is very user-friendly language i.e a beginner who does not know anything about programming can easily understand python in very short time. Because it uses English like words
Also it is very powerful programming language. A programmer who has good knowledge of any other language, can easily switch into python.Python supports dynamic allocation of memory. There are various functionalities and features of python which makes it famous.
Python application areas
There are various application areas of python . Because it is very easy and powerful language, it is first choice of most beginners. Some of these application areas are:
- Desktop applications
- Artificial Intelligence
- Scientific areas
- Business Applications
- Games etc.
To get start with python , we first need to install python. Python has very easy installation and set-up. There are following steps to install python
Step 1 :
Go to browser and visit the link below:
Step 2 :
Choose operating system , on which you are going to install python , whether Windows , Linux etc. Here i am choosing window as shown in image below, because i am using window system.
Step 3 :
After choosing OS , there are some options. You need to download executable installer according to your system. You need to choose whether you are using 32-bit or 62-bit Windows(OS) as shown in image below:
- If you have 32-bit window OS then choose:
Download Windows x86 executable installer
- Otherwise if you have 64-bit window OS then choose:
Download Windows x86-64 executable installer
After that it will start to download. Once download complete, open it.
There will be two options as shown in image below:
- Install Know
- Customize installation
- If you want quick installation , with default settings. Then you can do so by click on Install Know . It will use it’s by default settings. But do not forget to check the checkbox ( as shown in fig 1 ) :
Add Python 3.7 to PATH
- After that, python will start to download as shown image below:
- Congratulations!!! Python has installed successfully.
- If you want to customize python installation by your own (add/ remove packages ) you can do so.
- Click on Customize installation on step 4.
- There will be the following window:
- As you can see in image above , there are various packages that are going to install. You can un-check specific, you don’t want.
- After that, there will be an windows with Advance settings , you can customize them by your own. You can also set location , for python installation. To do so click on browse button.
- Click on Install button , installation will be start, as shown in image below:
- Congratulations!!! python installation successfully!!!
If you have installed python on your system. Then you need to check whether it is installed or not. To check it , go to start menu.
You can see there are :
- IDLE – GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Command Line Interface
If you want to uninstall python from your computer , then you can do so by following steps:
1 Go to control panel, then uninstall a program:
Control Panel > Uninstall a Program
2. Choose python , from list of programs. If you are doing same as me then Python 3.7.0( 64-bit )
3. Right click on it , then there will be an option Uninstall , click on it.
4. It will start to uninstall as shown image below:
5. It will take some time , and uninstall will successful with message below:
So it is all about python installation and python un-installation. I hope yoy guys enjoyed the post! Thanks!!!