Features of java:
There is given many features of java.
- Platform independent
- Architecture neutral
- High Performance
Simple: Java is simple programming language, because,
- Java applications will take less memory and less execution time.
- Java has removed all most all the confusion oriented features like pointers, multiple inheritance etc.
- Java is using all the simplified syntaxes from C and C++.
|Java is an object oriented programming language because , JAVA is able to store data in the form of objects only.
Java provides the flexibility in the case of the primitive data type and static data.
Primitive data type we can access directly and also using the wrapper class concept:
Or using Wrapper class:
Integer b=new Integer();
|Also same thing for static data because we can access static data with the object or also without the object.|
|Basic concepts of OOPs are:|
Java is platform independent programming language because, Java allows its applications to compile on one operating system and to execute on the another operating system. A platform is the hardware or software environment in which a program runs. It can be more clarified with the help of below example:
Java is very good secure programming language, because:
- Java has provided an implicit component inside JVM in the form of “security manager” to provide implicit security.
- Java has provided a separate middleware services in the form of JAAS( Java Authentication and Authorization Services ) in order to provide web security.
- Java has provided very good predefined implementations for almost all well known network security algorithms.
Java is Robust programming language because,
- Java provides memory management system in the form of heap memory management system, it is a dynamic memory management system, it allocates and deallocates memory for the objects at Runtime.
- Java provides Exception Handling mechanism because, Java has a predefined library to represent and handle almost all the generated exceptions in java applications.
Java is and Architecture Neutral Programming language because, Java allows its applications to compile on one H/w Architecture and to execute on another H/w Architecture. So basically we can conclude that Java language does not depend on the architecture of computer. Ex- In C programming, int data type occupies 2 bytes of memory for 32-bit architecture and 4 bytes of memory for 64-bit architecture. But in java, it occupies 4 bytes of memory for both 32 and 64 bit architectures.
Java is a portable programming language because, JAVA is able to run its applications under all the operating systems and under all the H/W Systems.
|By using Java language we are able to prepare two types of applicatios:
a. Standalone Applications- if we design any java application without using Client-Server architecture then that application is called as Standalone Applications.
b. Distributed Applications- if we design any java applications on the basis of client-server architecture then that java application is called as Distributed applications.
To prepare Distributed applications, Java has provided a separate module that is “J2EE/JAVA EE”.
Java is both completive programming language and Interpretative language because:
1. To check developers mistakes in java applications and to translate java program from High level representations to low level representation we need to compile java programs.
2. To execute java programs, we need an interpreter inside JVM.
A thread is like a separate program, executing concurrently. We can write Java programs that deal with many tasks at once by defining multiple threads. The main advantage of multi-threading is that it doesn’t occupy memory for each thread. It shares a common memory area. Threads are important for multi-media, Web applications etc.
Java is high performance programming language due to its rich set of features like platform independent, Arch Neutral, Portable, Robust, Dynamic etc.